Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blog Post 3 - Convergences


I this this week’s assignment we looked at what makes a movie a “cult classic” film. In the chapter it gave a verity if different reasons of why or what made a movie a classis. The first was the creativity of a movie, the second was the power of the movie or just a single scene in the film and the last one was the way the film changed its era at the time. I will picking a film that I feel is a “cult classic” and pervading a few reasons why I feel it is one. The film I have picked is Scarface.
Scarface is a movie that was made in 1983 that started Al Pacino as Tony Montana. The movie has many iconic moments in it that are still used or copied in films and TV shows. The first one is the movie poster, the poster has developed an iconic status with people being able to recognize the poster almost instantly just by the image alone without having the film title on it. The film has many memorial scenes but the most iconic is the last scene when he has the shootout with the gang members. Which also gives use the most memorial one line in the film. “Say hello to my little friend!” just before he shoots down his office door.
In the movie Tony is a Cubin with a short temper and big dreams. With his temper in the film Tony had the ability to turn a comedy scene in to a dramatic scene. It also made it easy to see the scenes coming when the movie would play the same sounds every time Tony would lose it. Any little thing would sent him off in the movie, like when he found out that his right hand man married his little sister and killed him in their own home.
I picked the Scarface movie as the movie I feel that should be considered as my cult classic film. I have seen this film plenty of times and never get tired of watching it. I also feel like this film is not put in to the category of being a cult classic film when has rightfully earned its place in cinematic history.

No comments:

Post a Comment