Thursday, September 18, 2014

Blog Post 10

I enjoyed my visit to the Frye Art Museum. I actually live a few blocks away from it and have never noticed it. I felt that the ambiance of the museum changed from room to room. it would also depend on the music or sound that was being played in the room. Like the room with the white little paper like statue/figures that had the sounds of water playing. That room gave off a calming/relaxing feel, but not all the rooms were like that. Some rooms didn't have sounds and you could here everything that was going on around you. I have never understood the arrangement of art in a museum other then seeing that time periods go with time periods, but this look to be artist sections or style of art sectioned off.

My favorite part of the trip was seeing all the painting in the back of the museum. I have always liked painting but have never been good at it. Seeing all the painting reminded me of Art History 2 were i got to see a lot of paintings by some of the greatest artist of all time. The only thing that i didn't like about the museum is that it was small. Because if it's size it didn't take long to see all the art, so i ended up looking at everything a few times. It reminds me of the Asian Art Museum in Volunteer Park in Capitol Hill. When i went there the left side of the building was closed off because of construction so that made it a lot smaller. I guess I'm just uses to museums like the SAM that take hours to see everything. 

1 comment:

  1. The thing I love about the Frye is that I see new artists and they change their exhibits frequently.

    ReplyDelete