Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Final Post

I don't think i really improved on my writing that much this quarter. I still managed to make mistakes when i would write something. It would be an up and down week by week for me. I felt that i would make progress in my writing one week and the next week come back and make twice as many mistakes on the next paper, from spelling, sentences and punctuation errors and so on.  I have had you for 3 different classes and i could guess that i have made some improvements but not as much as i think you would have liked to see.

I didn't feel that there was much differences when writing an analytical piece compared to a research paper or creative writing essay. There were times where i needed to look up information on some thing like the art analysis essay we just got done doing and the cult classic film. I needed to make sure that all my information was correct and didn't put anything that was not true. There were some points where i was free and able to make things up because it was my story and i was the one in control of what happen it in, like the narrative essay i did about the dog. So it felt like a balance of free creativity and some research.

I feel that analytical writing i feel will be usefully to me in my career field. It will help me to pitch ideas and other people and help me tell them what is going to happen in the project on paper, without having me tell them in person. I will be able to paint them a picture with  my words of how it will look and function once everything is completed. 

From all the essays that i did in class i enjoyed the narrative story the most. Doing the story allowed me to get creative and make things up while i was writing it. If i didn't like the way the story was heading in the story. Then i would just think of a different out come for it and change it to something that i liked better and seems more realistic for the story. I was really trying not to make a sad story were bad things would happen or people were dying left and right. I was trying to make something different with a happy ending to it.

It was a pleasure having you as my teacher again and i have enjoyed taking your class. Thanks for the help with the essays and fixing my mistakes that i made in my papers. Thank you once again and have a good break.

Antonio Bahena.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Antonio. With your word choice and spelling problems, it's hard to make progress by yourself. You'll need to use a proofreader. I'd be glad to help you on future papers.

    ReplyDelete